Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Today was THE DAY!

Today I was spending a little time sewing on a Birthday gift when the phone rang. I almost let the answering machine get it but at the last minute picked up. It was our Family Coordinator from America World. She said that she was calling with some great news for our family. She had a referral for us! I immediately started crying and my heart was racing. She called Brian on a conference call and told us all about our little girl. I can't tell you too much now for confidentiality reasons but we are so thrilled to finally know her by name and to see what her sweet face looks like.

I was expecting to have to wait until atleast June if not Aug. so this all came as quite a shock. Now we wait 2-4 weeks to hear when our court date is. The court date will probably be in June. Then we will travel about 3 weeks after we pass court.

Please pray that we will get a court date soon and pass the first time in court. I wish I could tell you more but we'll just have to wait on all of the details until she is officially ours!

6 comments:

Shala said...

You know, I saw that you got your referral, but didn't quite process it all. Wow! So, excited for you.

Shala

Anonymous said...

WAAAAAAHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! That's so amazing...we read this and were in shock too! How awesome!

kelly said...

how exciting! congratulations! & thanks for your comments on my blog today... as for the fabrics they are some of my favorite. it's a combination of american jane fabrics (by moda). the quilt is made up of some of her recess & wee play line.

kellimoss said...

I'm so thrilled for y'all!!! i started crying and MY heart was racing when lane told me. i will be praying that things are smooth and speedy. we can't wait to meet that precious little girl!

Mark and Melanie Allen Family said...

Wow! How exciting for your family. I know you all have been waiting for this. You all are in our prayers!

Sheyennew said...

Congratulations guys! We are so excited for ya'll!