Monday, September 29, 2008

Carefree Childhood

Levi and I have been spending alot of time watching old home videos and looking at old pictures. These are a few of our favorites to watch. It's fun to see the way that they enjoy life without all of the inhibitions that we adults have.


video


This weekend we went to a wedding of Brian's Best Buddy growning up. They had a dance at the reception and all of the little nieces and nephews were dancing and having a great time. I tried to get Cole to go dance with his new friends and he was very reluctant to join in the fun. When I asked him why, he said that he was embarrassed to dance with all of the people watching him. It breaks my heart that at 6 yrs. old he is already struggling with insecurity and fear of what others will think of him. I'm sure that he's picked up on some of that from me....after all, I wasn't exactly breaking it down of the dance floor either. Oh for the good old days when we could go out in public dressed like this...

1 comment:

lane, kelli, and baby canon said...

i love those boys! a toddler cole...how cute!