Monday, September 29, 2008

Carefree Childhood

Levi and I have been spending alot of time watching old home videos and looking at old pictures. These are a few of our favorites to watch. It's fun to see the way that they enjoy life without all of the inhibitions that we adults have.



This weekend we went to a wedding of Brian's Best Buddy growning up. They had a dance at the reception and all of the little nieces and nephews were dancing and having a great time. I tried to get Cole to go dance with his new friends and he was very reluctant to join in the fun. When I asked him why, he said that he was embarrassed to dance with all of the people watching him. It breaks my heart that at 6 yrs. old he is already struggling with insecurity and fear of what others will think of him. I'm sure that he's picked up on some of that from me....after all, I wasn't exactly breaking it down of the dance floor either. Oh for the good old days when we could go out in public dressed like this...

1 comment:

kellimoss said...

i love those boys! a toddler cole...how cute!