Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy 4th



This was Shurabe and Hope's first 4th of July. It was almost a year ago that we traveled to Ethiopia to get our little girl. Shurabe is so excited about America. She points out every "America flag" she sees as we drive around town. On Saturday we got out her American flag dress to iron in preparation for Sunday. She knew that Hope was wearing her "America dress" too so she asked if I had America clothes to wear too. I told her I didn't but I thought Nana might. She immediately called Nana and asked her about her America clothes (I had to do a little interpreting before Nana figured out what she was talking about).

Hope had no idea what the 4th of July was all about but she sure did look cute!

Cole and Levi were really excited because we got to go out to "Uncle" John Burgett's ranch. They got to shoot the potato gun, ride in a boat, ride a 4-wheeler and do a little fishing! What a day!

No comments: